Tuesday 27 July 2010

At the risk of seeming eager...

Two posts in one day... I hope this isn't setting the tone! I just felt that, while I'm thinking about it, I should type it out:

Since we've been in our "new" house for 7 months, a lot of things have started falling into place. After our first church didn't handle the family situation very well, we decided to all change.
I think God used this as a big part in our lives, where we all started being treated as individuals - previously, we had moved to the Reformed Baptist church as a family, and were treated as a family even after Beth and Jonathan got married, and Georgie started university. We were hardly invited out as individuals, or talked to without being referred to as a family-unit.
Now, though, God has worked in incredible ways. Me, my mum and my older sister Jo have moved to a Presbyterian church, which is interesting. We're finding our views challenged in different ways. We've been enjoying the ministry, and the atmosphere of the church - although we are like a big family, every one of the members is known individually, and personally. All our needs are being catered to, and we have found ourselves getting stuck in, helping out in the church and making new friends.
Beth and Jon went church hunting, but found the ideal place of worship in Bulkington, which is near where they were hoping to move to anyway. They fell in love with the people and the ministry, and they feel as if they fit in and are appreciated at the church.
Georgie isn't sure where she wants to go for the time being, as she is hoping to move away to a different university next year. For the moment, she is going to Beth and Jon's church, or the one I attend with mum and Jo.

I have been through GCSE classes and a correspondence course, enough to get me the qualifications i need to go to Solihull college, to study A-Levels (which i'll be starting in September of this year). I'm looking forward to the new environment, since I've not set foot inside a school for full time education in my life.
I'm nervous about it, but it should be fun. Me and Georgie were talking the other day about how sometimes when we remember that the Bible says "Do not fear", we think it's just a handy piece of advice, from God to us - but it's not, it's a command. A command form God that we shall not have fear, because we should trust in Him.

This year I decided to abandon my camp (CCIW, which I have attended for the past three years and made some very good friends), and decided to have a go at UBM (United Beach Missions, which a lot of my friends have already done, including Jo and Georgie who have gone on it since I started camp.) We're going to Dawlish to help out with children's work on the beach for a week. I've heard it's challenging and helpful for your personal Christian life, and I can't wait to see!

After we get back from UBM, we're going on holiday to Scotland as a family - including Beth and Jon, which we're all very excited about. Long awaited break for some of us, and for others it's a nice chance to explore and do something worth while during the summer.

So, August is an all 'round busy month for me, before I start college. I'm looking forward to whichever ways God might change me.

No comments: